What do we do at meetings?
Our monthly meetings are both fun and informative. At each meeting, we discuss chapter business, share writing news (both good and bad), hold a potluck lunch, and have a guest speaker present a writing-related topic.
Can I come to a meeting if I’m not a member yet?
Prospective members of GVC are welcome to attend one or two meetings for free while deciding whether to join the group. (And we sure hope you’ll join!) Don’t be shy—we promise to make newbies feel welcome.
What about the educational workshops?
Guests and non-members are invited to attend the educational section of our monthly meetings. We ask that non-members arrive at 12:50 P.M. to give time to find a seat before the workshop begins. Our workshops run for approximately 90 minutes. A nominal donation of $10 is requested to help cover costs.
MEETING DATES – 2017
Unless indicated otherwise below, doors open for set-up at 10:30 a.m. and meetings begin at 11:00 a.m. More information about speakers and topics will be added as it becomes available.
- Meeting: Saturday, January 21 – Goals Motivation and Conflict – Plan your writing year with Kate Austin
- Valentine’s Brunch: Sunday, February (Members only) Feb 26
- Romance Panel at VPL, GVC authors: Wednesday, February
- Meeting: Saturday, March 18 – Skeleton Keys with Michele Fogal
- Meeting: Saturday, April 22 – Table Workshops
- Meeting: Saturday, May 27 (MEMBERS ONLY!)
- Meeting: Saturday, June 17 – Organic Structure with Roxanne Snopek
- Meeting: Saturday, September 16
- Meeting: Saturday, October 14 – Storytelling Through Map Making with Brenda Carre
- Meeting: Saturday, November 18
- Christmas Party: TBD
MEETING & EVENTS – 2016
Archive: here’s what we have been up to.
- Meeting: Saturday, January 16
- Valentine’s Brunch: Sunday, February 21 (Members only)
- Meeting: Saturday, March 19 – From Stereotype to Archetype with Lee McKenzie
- Meeting: Saturday, April 16 – Editing Tips: From Polishing Your Manuscript to Working With an Editor with Susan Lyons
- Meeting: Saturday, May 14 – Two Roads Braided: Key Differences Between the Heroine’s and Hero’s Journey with Mary Ann Clarke Scott
- Meeting: Saturday, June 18-Alpha male careers: A fireside chat with Rob Nicholls
- no events
- Summer Picnic: August (date TBD Members only)
- Meeting: Saturday, September 17 – Dani Collins on How to Promote Your Book Online
- Meeting: Saturday, October 15- William Kenower on Fearless Writing
- Surrey International Writers’ Conference: October 20-23
- National Novel Writing Month: November 1-30
- Meeting: Saturday November 19 – James Wells on Marketing Your eBook Out in the Wild, Wild World
- Christmas Party: December (date TBD Members only)